Oklahoma City, OK
- Manage the day-to-day activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Work effectively with the culinary management team
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
- Manage staff schedules, payroll, kitchen set up / break down, production, prep is completed and staff wear proper uniform as well as disciplinary procedures are followed when applicable
- Understand the financial component, purchasing within budget guidelines, achieving cost off food and expectations.
- Instill teamwork and synergy between the FOH and BOH staff through proper communication and delegation to ensure a “one team” mentality
- 2+ years of culinary management experience in a high-volume upscale restaurant
- Dedication to culinary excellence, team success, and growth
- Strong knowledge of food preparation, kitchen safety and sanitation, effective time management and quality control
- Basic understanding of administrative tasks including inventory, purchasing, scheduling
- Desire to learn from our culinary leaders and develop professionally and personally
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
- The ability to work well under pressure and be a leader who will NUTURE and SUPPORT their TEAM.
- Technically savvy with / to become proficient with key systems and IT infrastructure (Foodager, Jolt, Hot Schedules, KDS)
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Command of the English language
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Salary: Up to $65k with competitive benefits!